Thursday, January 23, 2014

Finishing wiring and avionics

 Hours 102
Total Hours 569

I tested the vertical power unit with the test wires and all was good. All the skeptical textedav, and strobe lights worked. Plugged everything in and powered up Skyviews!
No smoke!
I did not like the way I wired the headphone jacks and decided to redo them.
After Greg Niehues suggested it, I changed out the aluminum clamp for a nylon block to hold down the elt antenna under the empennage fairing.
I riveted the baggage floor back on.
I then ran my fuel lines from the Andair valve to the wings. I worked hard trying to tity up the 
wiring so it would not touch the fuel lines.
Getting all the fuel lines built and connected to the Andair fuel selector valve was quite a chore! It all had to fit under the cover and not touch anything inside. 
I got the fuel lines and the boost pump all connected and installed the housing that I had painted earlier.
I then began to tidy up all my wiring runs through the cabin. All the wires had to be secure so not to rub and short out on anything.
I was able to attach most of the tie down holders with blind rivets in the tunnel.
I had to use super glue for a few of the tie down holders in this area. I was skeptical about using super glue until I tested them after they cured. I could not pull or break them off no matter how hard I tried! It took a lot of patience to get all these wires organized and secure but I am really pleased at how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment